Sunday 10 May 2009

War Games



The Adventures of Jasper and Jazz.

Two poochies from the heart of the city, well Machester-ish, up sticks and move to the North Norfolk coast with their two Mum’s and three cats in tow. Follow their trials and tribulations, their triumphs and their torments, their tickles and their troubles, as they discover, explore and adapt to a whole new way of life!

War Games.

B-B-Ball, B-B-Ball, B-B-ball, ball, ball, b-b-ball, b-b-ball, b-b-ball, ball, ball, b-b-ball ,b-b- ball, b-b- ball, ball, ballllllll! B-b-ball! B-b-ball, ball, ball! (To the theme of the William tell overture!)
There are some majorly important things in my life, and they’re important in this order;

1. Balls.
2. Sticks.
3. Cuddles with Mummy 1.
4. Jasper. My big bully of a brother
5. Walks
6. Food.
7. Treats.
8. The Mummy’s bed.
9. The couch.
10. Mummy 2.

Which all means that when I get to go to the beach for a walk with my mummy holding a ball… I’m in heaven. One day Mummy1 gets the stick with the ball on the end and we all get in the car to the beach. Jasper doesn’t like this car as much as the old one that died in the flood’s ‘cos the lid doesn’t come off, but it’s easier to get in the door when I’m tired.
When we are at the beach, Mummy 2 is throwing the ball for me, Jasper’s up in the sand bumps and the other mummy is looking for something. She says it’s a world war 2 something. What’s a world war 2? When the Mummy’s find this something, the ball throwing stops and Jasper starts heading in. He doesn’t get very far ‘cos he acts all hard and stuff but he’s really a great big wus!
This world war two thing they’ve found it’s this brick hole in the sand. Mummy number two starts crawling on the sand under all the bricks. It’s this tunnel that goes under the sand then turns left and carry’s on. Mummy 1 puts her keys and light stick round my neck to take to Mummy 2. I can do that ‘cos I’m clever.
Then we set off into the tunnels, me, Jasper and Mummy 2. The light stick showed us these little rooms on the left and Mummy 2 said it was a bunker for the coastal defenses in this world war two thingy. There were all these rooms down there. Big ones and small ones. There were some that Mummy 2 said would have been loo’s for the soldiers, and I lost my ball. It smelt funny down there. Like mould, and sea, and stale beer. There was this pit in the middle of the biggest room right in the middle of the tunnels that had a hole in the roof above it. Mummy 2 said that this was where they had a fire to keep themselves warm in the war. There was a lot of empty beer bottles in there too, I wonder if they were from the war? Mummy 2 stared at the ‘puter screen latter and then told us all it was a pillbox. That they were used as part of the defenses to protect England from the enemies and that there are quite a lot of them around the North Norfolk coast. I haven’t seen any others yet, but I’ll let you know if I do.

Anyway, back to the adventure. We got to the end of this tunnel and there was no way out. It was all bricked up so we had to turn back around and go out the way we came.
I found my ball. I dropped it outside. Oops.

I tried to ask Mummy what a world war 2 was but they’re a bit daft and they don’t always understand me. Simple creatures. They showed some spark latter though when they put on a TV program called ‘Band of Brothers’, and it looks like this world war two thingy was about lots of men with guns dying ‘cos of some lunatic called Hitler. And they didn’t have a lot of beer bottles in the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment