Sunday 5 July 2009

Feeling hot, hot, hot...



We're having a heatwave! I can't get Jasper to move. He says Huskies aren't meant for hot weather. The Mum's keep taking us to the beach to go swimming and yesterday we disocvered a bit where the seals were watching us! The Mum's came swimming too! No ball games though.

The Mum's were watching the tellybox and it told them all these things on keeping dogs safe in the heat. (I learnt them just incase they forget any!)

1. Don't leave me in the car, even with the windows open a bit - this can kill me. The tellybox said this is a bad result.

2. Always make sure I have lots of clean water available - if you would like to leave me some dirty water too i don't mind, I like a little mud now and then.

3. Don't make me run too much. No matter how much i bother you with balls and sticks the tellybox said it is bad for me to get too excited 'cos it makes me hotter. Bad tellybox.

4. Give me lots of shade. Even though i like sunbathing - Mum put this cream on my nose yesterday to stop it getting all pink. She said it was 'suntan lotion' and it would stop 'sunburn'. I don't remember this from the tellybox.

5. Keep a window open at night 'if it is safe to do so'. That comes from another Tellybox lady who does things with police. She says not to leave it open if you might get robbed use a fan instead - I don't know what good Uncle Ian would be (he's a huge Manchester United fan) but this is what Tellybox recommend.



This is the Jazzy guide to looking after me when its hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment